- Title: Social Innovation and Leadership skills for Third
Sector Capacity Building
- Running dates: October 2019 – September 2021
- Programme: KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- ID number:2019-1-NL01-KA202-060484
- Website: http://learn2inspire.eu/
The EU “third sector” is an enormous economic presence in the Union, with a workforce of close to 30 million full-time-equivalent workers. This makes it the third largest workforce of any industry in the entire EU, behind only the combination of trade, transport, accommodation, and food service, almost even with manufacturing, and twice as large as construction. In some countries, such as the Netherlands, the Third Sector engages more full-time equivalent workers, paid and volunteer, than any other industry, beating manufacturing by a factor of 3:1 and edging out even the sizable trade, accommodation, transportation, and food sector.
The project aims to:
- Create an open and collaborative learning environment to develop the competences and skills of third sector professionals in the field of social innovation and leadership,
- Facilitate information and knowledge exchange for TS professionals, as well as to exchange good practices and initiatives on social innovation, impact measurement, leadership and related topics,
- Explore new strategies and alternatives in the field of NPI management in order to improve the operational capacity of these organizations,
- Promote social leadership as well as the image of NPIs and to exploit the social innovation potential, to deal with the challenges that they face in addition to responding to opportunities.