Learning to Learn
“Learning to Learn” is an approach that helps young people to maximize their learning outcomes and to update and improve their skills, so they can progress in the learning process. This transversal competence supports the development of other key competences and focuses on: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills; developing critical analysis skills and critical reflection; problem solving; working with others; planning skills; skills to improve and direct their own learning to help them become autonomous learners. Why is learning to learn so important? In a constantly changing labor and life environment, young people from disadvantaged categories have to rely on skills and competences that can adapt to different contexts and can make them succeed.
Aims and objectives
The general aim of the project is to ensure better chances for young people in rural areas and urban periphery areas to become aware of the learning process andto develop the transversal learning to learn competence. The project objectives which are planned to be achieved in a 2 year duration are:
- -to analyze the definition and different (cultural) understandings of learning to learn and to identify the needs related to the learning process of young people in the 5 communities involved in the project, over a period of 24 months
- -to make the learning to learn competence more operational together with the direct target groups –youth workers and young people in disadvantaged areas from the 5 communities involved in the project, over a period of 24 months
- -to design and validate training tools and materials of ‘skills for life and work’ during the project to be used within the partnership for direct and indirect beneficiaries. Therefore, youth workers will be prepared to increase the level of self-empowerment or self-development and, more importantly, develop the level of adjustment to new social and economic context.
How will we measure the degree ofattainment of these objectives?
- -we will develop new tools to be used for the development and support of the learning to learn competence
- -we will centralize the reactions direct and indirect will have towards these tools
- -we will measure the degree of interest for the project coming from the stakeholders in the filed
Title: Learning to Learn
Running dates: February 2019 – January 2021
Programme:KA2 -Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, KA205 -Strategic Partnerships for youth
ID number: 2018-3-RO01-KA205-061167
Activities which support educational results:
- -focus groups organized with young people in the 5 communities involved in the project
- -training courses wit youth workers and young people
- -mentoring activities with young people one to one
- -meetings with external partners and stakeholders: schools, professional training providers, companies, etc that can contribute to the attainment of educational results
Materials/ content results and training courses-all 4 intellectual outputs-concrete results of the project are supported by a series of activities
- -intense documentation
- -brainstorming withinthe partnership
- -collecting opinions, interviews, statements from experts in the field of learning to learn
- -meetings with external partners and stakeholders: schools, professional training providers, companies, etc
- -elaboration, writing and technical development of materials
- -integration of reviews and external evaluations during the project
Building Capacity results
All 5 partners participating in this project are experienced partners in different types of projects: youth, formal education, adult education, etc. They gather their knowledge and expertise in the field and develop together a consistent project that will also involve building organizational and educational capacity for them:
- -this project will offer the context and the instruments for all partners to create educational programmes focused on learning to learn competence-each of the partners will build within the respective organization a programme of learning to learn that will be continued after the completion of the project
- -the partners will increase their capacity of project implementation-through project management, transnational meetings, quality assessment plans, risk assessment plans
- -the partners will become more confident in their European vocation-through cooperation with partners at the EU level
- -the partners will learn to work with different stakeholders that can enrich the project -meetings, exchange of emails, conferences, etc.